For many of us, the battle of the bulge is often a long, hard fight. When diet and exercise fail, liposuction can be a safe, effective alternative for removing localized pockets of excess fat. Liposuction improves the appearance of body areas that have concentrated amounts of visible unwanted fat. Through a vacuum suction like process, the fat is removed, creating a smoother, more attractive body contour and better self image. Various liposuction methods include the tumescent, fluid injection, ultrasound-assisted, and super-wet techniques & powered.
Common areas of treatment include the abdomen, flanks, back, hips, waist, thighs, buttocks, upper arms, neck, chest, and calves. Advantages:
- Day surgery based procedure, does not involve clinic stay more than 8-10 hours.
- Good cosmetic results in properly selected cases where patient has realistic expectations
- Permanent lasting results
Who are the best candidates ?
There are no definite weight or age guidelines or restrictions. Most patients have localized fatty deposits, are within 30lbs of their ideal weight, and have been stable at that weight for years. Best candidates for body sculpting are patients who:
- Have reasonable expectations of results.
- Are only slightly to modestly overweight.
- Have good skin tone and are in good health.
- Have localized areas of fat.
- Believe that liposuction is not a weight loss program.
- Whose weight is stable and are exercising
Is Fat removal permanent?
Yes! After puberty we do not create new fat cells. Therefore, when you gain weight, you expand the existing fat cells that you have. Tumescent liposuction permanently removes fat cells to improve your body’s shape. Should you gain weight after liposuction, it goes to the fat cells that remain in your body. The localized fatty deposits that existed prior to liposuction can no longer enlarge.
MEGALIPOSUCTION COSMETIC SURGERY Liposuction is the most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedure world wide. There is a rising trend towards larger volumes in liposuction. Increasing number of over weight people, rising awareness levels, peer pressure to look good and increase in safety profile of liposuction have contributed to marked increase of cosmetic surgeries performed and larger volumes being aspirated. Aspiration of more than ten liters of fat in one session is termed mega liposuction. The number of mega liposuctions being performed is increasing world wide as more and more surgeons are getting convinced of its safety. Up to twenty liters of fat can be aspirated in one sitting in well selected cases and in a hospital setting with good back up and infrastructure.
Mega liposuction should be performed under GA as most of these cases require circumferential liposuction. Benefits from Mega liposuction
- Sudden improvement in contour.
- Increased motivation to stay in shape.
- Positive sustained change in lifestyle more likely.